Monday, January 29, 2007

Memories

Just two years ago. Only two years. Without warning. One phone call and my life turned upside down, never to be the same again .We had just celebrated her 80st birthday two years prior. None of us knew how ill she really was. What hurts the most is the fact that she died alone. No one there to hold , to comfort her. When they found her that morning her body was on the floor while her legs where still in bed. I can never ever get that image out of my head again.
Just two years ago, but it seems like a lifetime.

2 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Oh Marloes, I am so sorry. It is such a painful memory. I understand your anguish about not being there to have given her comfort. I hope you find relief in remembering some of the happy times. I am so sorry. Yes, it is a lifetime.

Bonez said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I lost my beloved brother about two years ago and have many of the same feelings you've mentioned here. My thoughts are with you as you walk through this in your heart and mind.