Monday, August 6, 2007

Back in business

As with all good things, also vacations must come to an end. The streets in my neighbourhood are quiet, schools are still closed. Just a little less traffic on the road to my right as I drive my bike into the city. The beauty of the nature reserve on my left unchanged. Only the huge flocks of geese seem absent. It feels strange to enter the all familiar building after 5 weeks of recreational bliss. The youth ensemble is the only group present. New dancers approach me with reserve, there are too many this year, it will take a while before they are integrated in my system. ‘Old’ ones come in with arms opened wide. Talking excitingly about where they spend their vacation and with whom. They seem happy to be back. The main group is still absent, they have one more week before they need to get back into shape. A few colleagues are present, most office employees are still away. A slow start makes a huge difference. This way I can take my time getting back into the office routine. A new season, a new start.

PS I still owe you a detailed description of my time in Italy, if all goes well I’m going to post it later this week.

1 comment:

Jenn in Holland said...

Back at it and ready to roll for another season. That is a very exiting prospect!