Monday, August 20, 2007

Serenity

This is my favourite time of the week. Early Sunday morning not a soul in sight, as I take the dog for a stroll through the park. A thin soft layer of mist hovers between the trees. Pearls of dew turn cobwebs into works of art. I love the way the willow tree reflects in the water, its beauty never seizes to amaze me. There is solace in its sadness. Ducks on the tiny island squabbling over who sits where, breaking the sound of silence. A heron, standing perfectly still, is waiting for breakfast to pass by.Breathing in, breathing out. This is the time I become one with the world around me. My eyes absorb colours, my nose inhales pure oxygen, just a hint of early fall in the air. My ears tuned to the singing of birds. Far away geese are starting to gather for their morning flight. Excitement clearly audible in the amount of sound they make. As I slowly make my way around the pond I am thankful that I am able to see al this beauty and to enjoy this serenity.

4 comments:

Lisa Wines said...

Your description is lovely. It calmed me right down because I felt like I was walking right with you. :-)

Thanks for commenting on my Bonez post. Yes Paris is an amazing city. I love it here. Many years ago I visited Holland too - very beautiful.

kj said...

what a beautiful post. i feel exactly this way during my walks around the small lake in the large park.

i haven't visited in a while. life has been hectic! it's good to hear your words again...

Graham said...

Well written. reminds me of something I saw somewhere that said if you write about something you experience the occasion twice. Food for thought

Dale said...

You're definitely a woman of reflections and reflection, a lovely post and a perfect time of day.

While not a morning person, when I'm lucky enough to go to my friend's cottage, morning, alone, when it's quiet, is filled with a few perfect moments for me too.