Thursday, March 8, 2007

Pulling away

She is pulling away. A little more every day. It seems like just a few months ago that it was something she was thinking about, now she’s on a serious search for her own place. She already checked out a few available rooms, but up till now the one she is looking for wasn’t among them. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time. She wants it so badly. All of a sudden she is out every night. Not in our own town but somewhere out there. Her student travel pass makes it too easy. The last train back is the rule, not the exception. The last part of her journey home, on her bike, alone in the night.
The last couple of weeks I have seen her die a thousand different ways in my imagination and every time I die a little too

3 comments:

Bonez said...

Oh Marloes... My heart and thoughts are with you as you endure this phase of life. You write so beautifully that it captures my mind's eye and makes feel a part of your secret.

Marloes said...

Thank you Tony for your endearing comment. I am so glad I am getting my feelings across.

kj said...

i think i've been there. be good to yourself!