Monday, March 12, 2007

Refreshed

Every time I came to this blog I was getting more and more depressed by the drab brown wallpaper. So not me at all. I love vibrant clear colours, sparkling yellows, summer sky blue, and minty green. I spend most of yesterday trying to exchange the ready to go stuff with something I made myself. The background code was no problem. I even managed to get the background colour of the middle table changed, but not inserting my own header. After hopping from blog to blog I only found a few who managed to get their own self-made headers in….in three parts? What’s up with that? Somehow old fashioned HTML has been replaced by something I don’t understand. After a lot of (under my breath) cursing, uploading a lot of tiles to be discarded again, I opted to use a different template instead. Still not my own work, but at least this one makes me feel a lot happier..

5 comments:

Bonez said...

I like working with the "old Blogger" much better myself. I wasn't too bad with HTML and picked up the basics of CSS and had a lot of fun tweaking my template. Now it is much more difficult to get the results I want in the new Blogger. Maybe I will luck out and some kind blog template guru will be merciful to me and design me a Bonez specific template that will rock my world :)

Asghar Javed said...

This looks neat. I was also more familiar with good old blogger but it is no more available to us. So I am trying to get used to new version.

Marloes said...

Thanks Dio and Tony. This will just have to do. Not enough hours in the day to try and change this look to my own taste completely.

Ces Adorio said...

I love this new layout. I just came back from vacation and wanted to say hello. I have to come back and read the previous posts.

Marloes said...

Welcome home Ces!