Friday, March 2, 2007

Gravity

Despite the fact that my scales announce a decline in weight, my favourite pair of jeans seems to get tighter by the week. I could blame the dryer, but the jeans are old and have been washed and dried many times. Being me, I let a problem like that stick to my brain like a duck to water and I won’t stop swimming until I figured it out. The only reasonable explanation I can think of is that my bodily decline is finally setting in with full force. All the excess weight that used to be around my body, starting just below my breasts, is descending rapidly to my, already extensive but up to now reasonably shaped, behind.
Gravity sucks!

4 comments:

Bonez said...

Again, it seems our lives coincide with one another, Marloes. I too am going through a phase of trying to drop a few extra pounds instead of buying the next larger sized pants. But no matter how healthy (or little) I eat, I don't seem to be getting the results I desire. Over all I have lost weight but my waistline refuses to adjust itself to that fact :( I won't give up, though, because I plan on being back to my old sexy self and size before my next trip to Europe in a few months.

Marloes said...

I gave up smoking a few years ago Tony and no matter what I do, I can not lose the extra kilo's. I should exercise, but I don't have the time nor the energy. The funniest part is that I still feel young and sexy, as long as I don't see myself in a mirror.

Lily said...

Argh, I hate when that happens. But which tells no lies - the scale or the jeans?

Anonymous said...

@ Lily, maybe I should replace the scales?..;o)