Thursday, September 27, 2007

Expiration

Is there an expiration date for jobs, and if not, should there be? More and more I find myself feeling unhappy if not ill at ease where I used to be so very, very happy for a long time. Almost 8 years ago I got hired as a substitute and from the start I knew this was the place for me. During those years I got promoted from sub to one day a week employee to part timer doing 22 hours. I loved every minute and ever change was accepted with open arms. Those days seem long gone. Being part of the workers council gave me a look behind closed doors, that I’d rather not have seen. Little irritations are starting to become obsessions and I feel myself getting pulled deeper and deeper into a feeling of discontent.
Time to put my resume out there and move on?

11 comments:

Dazd said...

Time to move on...at least see what's available for you.

Not sure what the Workers Council is but maybe it's time to step away from that portion.

Marloes said...

@dazd, I allready did, but Im afraid the damage is done

Dale said...

That's a great idea, maybe we'd find more happiness if we knew there was an end to the job and we'd find the perfect one to make us happy. Or you could blog full time to entertain me.

Anonymous said...

My coach once told me: just put your resume out there, and do a number of job interviews.
It can lead to one of two positive things:
1) you find a better job
2) or, having an idea what's out there, and what you do and don't want, might make you appreciate your current job more!
Next to that, the process itself of rethinking what exactly you want in a job, is always an effort worthwile. Most of the time it's an exercise that boosts your selfesteem too...

So, I'd say go for it. Either way the result is positive!

Good luck with it Marloes!

Marloes said...

@Ellen, now that is good advice!Maybe it is just time to start looking at my job with rejuvenated eyes again.

Berni said...

Saw you on BlogRush so popped in to say hi from Canada.

Sounds to me as if Ellen has the right idea.

Marloes said...

Than you for visiting and commenting Vic Grace. I appreciate it.

Ces Adorio said...

Marloes, perhaps a vacation?
or a new occupation?
A change of pace
or a trip to a lovely place
will do you good for sure
if not open a new allure
to some avenues never taken
or somehow forsaken
They may want to be awakened
for years they have harkened.

Anonymous said...

Time to move on..why spend the best part of the day being irritated....and thanks for the comment on my blog www.grumpysstuff.blogspot.com..I like your stuff so I will add you to my blogroll...being all woman is a good thing...

Marloes said...

@Ces, wow, that is some poem. thank you Ces!

@Nascar, thanks for adding me. All women is the only way. I wont settle for less..:)

Bonez said...

Sometimes knowing what goes on behind closed doors can definitely taint one's view of the job scene.