Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Second life

In January 2007, a man named Molotov Alva, disappeared from his Californian home. Recently, a series of video dispatches by a Traveler of the same name have appeared within a popular online world called Second Life.

This is the beginning of the first episode of 'My Second Life', a documentary shot entirely in Second Life. I was fascinated by the voice and the way the story was told but even more by the concept. Not once have I set foot in second life, scared it could suck me in and take over. Could I have been right?
See for yourself..

3 comments:

kj said...

marloes, this was so weird!!! it creates a reality that a virtual reality could be a real option for reality!!

it reminds me of the young teenager who said she has 300 best friends--all on line. meanwhile she eats lunch alone at school.

good and not good, i guess. but quite unsettlingly fascinating...

:)

Unknown said...

I never got the big deal about Second Life - what attracted you to it?

Marloes said...

@pete, I have never set foot in second life, it doesn't appeal to me at all. This documentary however fascinated me. It does bring second (virtuel) life into the real world in a way I never thought possible.