Sunday, September 2, 2007

Thoughtfulness Award

It’s the day after, and still I’m speechless. Ces, who’s writing and artwork I so admire gave me an award. A true honest to God award for thoughtfulness. In her words:
Thoughtful bloggers are those who take the time to acknowledge their visitors and respectfully pays them with a visit. These bloggers just don't visit to leave a "Hello" or "Nice" comment. They are thoughtful and genuinely expressive of their opinions, agreements or disagreements without ever losing grace.

Although I am not sure I deserve this, I am honored and proud that she choose me, of all those that come to her blog on a daily basis, for this award.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hai Marloes, congrats on the award!
You'd better be sure you deserve it, you should know that's not for the receiver to determine ;-))!
Ces gave a beautiful reasoning why you deserve this award, it's really a shame that you didn't copy those words here..
(though.. to be honest, modesty would have probably kept me from doing so too..)
One thing is for sure though: it's quite obvious the admiration is mutual.. Good for you!

Take care, Ellen

Marloes said...

@Ellen, thank you for your comment. I have a hard time coping with compliments. Call it low self esteem, call it modesty...I'm still flabbergasted about the award..:)

Ces Adorio said...

Marloes,you definitely deserve this plus I think you deserve the Thinking Blogger Award especially with your self reflection posts. They are well written poignant and inspirational. I often talk about your post with another blogger (you know her) because we both find them touching and heart warming.

Anonymous said...

@Marloes.. for myself: don't know if it's low self-esteem or modesty.. Don't care either..
I do think it's kind of a Dutch thing. To focus on the negative things; receiving compliments is not something we're very used to.
So, just sit back and enjoy, right!

Ces Adorio said...

Marloes, I am just like you. I think it is modesty or being shy in my case, until some friends told me to just accept awards and recognitions and say thank you.

kj said...

marloes, that other blogger (me) wants you to know how much she/i appreciates your honesty and thoughtfulness. i told my good friend you-know-who that you are someone i could stay up all night with and talk about philosophy and life.

my two cents: it's time to ignore the fact you aren't confident and live as if you are. because you are a terrific person.

Marloes said...

@ Ces, Ellen and KJ..thank you!