Monday, February 26, 2007

My joy

I have started to write this log a thousand times it seems. Every effort so far was erased. How does one start to describe the happiness that overflows your whole being when you hold your firstborn for the first time. The total wonder of that tiny little baby that made you scream out in agony just a few minutes before. Labour pain? Just looking into that face, counting fingers and toes everything before is of no consequence. Emotions running high.
Tomorrow that tiny baby turns 22, and I remember every detail as if it were yesterday. Every move I made, conversations I had, imbedded on my brain. Wednesday February 27, 1985. He turned me into a mother, gave me a power I never knew I had. Ready to give my life to protect him. Now he stands before me. Tall, strong, independent, ready to fly out on his own. He fills my heart with joy, just as he did then.

2 comments:

kj said...

hello, i come to you from ces' blog. i hope you don't mind. this tribute to your son brought a lump in my throat. i remember my daughter's birth much the same way.

:)

Marloes said...

Thank you and welcome KJ. Giving birth changes our life forever. I even dare to say that it makes us better people.