Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Renovation

We are in the middle of a bathroom renovation. To be honest, it only started two days ago but it feels like two weeks and already we are heading for disaster. While trying to relocate the drain our eager team of builders went right through the floor and ended up in the downstairs toilet. I now have a toilet with a view (click). Keeping the house clean is no longer an option. Everything is covered in a thin layer of grey dust. To make matters worse two out of three children are constantly giving us a headache with their continuous grumbling. They need to go to the attic to use the emergency shower (click) and for everything else they can use the kitchen sink (teeth brushing) or their own bedrooms (hair drying). It’s the first time in my life that I envy people with more then one bathroom. If there really is this thing called reincarnation, can I please come back as an heiress? I promise I will behave better then the ones that seem to roam the earth this time ‘round

1 comment:

Ces Adorio said...

Marloes, yes, you and me an heiress! I know how you feel. Even with two bathrooms, we had our water supply cut off by a busted main water pipe down the street and no bathroom for six hours - the longest 6 hours in a modern society.

These are tough times. Good luck and keep up your happy spirit!