Monday, February 5, 2007

Rejection

Two huge files are dropped on my desk. Each one filled with applications and cv’s. Some have pictures, some are handwritten. They all tell a story about hard work and dedication. Common denominator: dreams, goals, a life in the spotlight. As I prepare for the task at hand I hope they will find a place to make their dreams come true. New message. Dear miss… I regret to have to inform you that at the moment we are not looking for…
And I only get to do the girls. Two huge files

2 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Oh, I hate this kind of work. Once I was assigned to interview the patient care technician applicants for our department. I had to reject so many of them because there were more than fifty who applied and we were only hiring 8. We had a semi-finalist list and then the finalist list. I admire people whose job it is to screen applicants. It's a tough job.

Anonymous said...

It's the same every year Ces. most of the time we only have a few contracts to give and so many people aply for the audition.