Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Bits and pieces

This must be my tenth attempt to write a new blog and I fear it will end up in the virtual bin as well. Keeping up a second blog in a different language is much harder then I care to admit. I have been blogging in Dutch for so long already, it feels like I’m copying my own words. To be interesting enough to get (and keep) your attention I feel like I have to pull out all stops. I have no easy witty banter, there are no amazing stories about my life. Ordinary woman, no great adventures, no inventions that rocked the world, nothing out of the ordinary. I cry when I hear beautiful music, I smile when I hear a child’s laughter and I get mad when someone steps on my toes. Proud of my children, still in love with my husband after all these years. Embracing life with a force that sometimes frightens me. Death and spiders the only things that scare me. I have my frustrations, my doubts, my insecurities , would love to be able to leave something of substance behind when my time has come.
There is more, much more and maybe if I find the right rhythm I will be able to share all that with you.

4 comments:

Isabella Wellesley said...

What a beautiful picture, the way you describe yourself. Marloes, ever since Wieneke introduced me to Babel Fish, I have been using it to read her blog. The translations are so literal sometimes but I understand what Wieneke is saying and as Caroline said it: "Gained in Translation", indeed for I am able to enjoy Wieneke's blog. Perhaps you could just ask your English readers to use Babel Fish to translate your Dutch posts. In fact I would like to read your Duth blog too. Is there a link? Thank you.

Marloes said...

Hello Isabella, what a pleasure to meet you here. Underneath my favorite links link (try saying that 10 times really fast) you find my linklist. The Dutch site is called Loesjes-web-log.
There are several categories worth visiting. Home Sweet Home and De oude doos are the ones with the best stuf (as far as Im concerned) I hope Babel Fish does them justice.

Bonez said...

Marloes, you are already sharing so much more than you imagine obviously. Your English is perfection and your verbal imagery is crystal clear and emotionally deep. Each post brings me and your other readers another tidbit of information... another tiny piece of the puzzle... another pixel of the picture that is Marloes. Or at least the Marloes that is allowing herself to be exposed to us here. Don't belittle yourself by saying you have nothing astounding or tantalizing to say about yourself or your world. You are who you are and that is an amazing and wonderful gift unto itself. Your love of life and your intelligence shine forth in your writing and that is all anyone can ask for. Lastly, you must blog for yourself and not for potential readers. If you are truly not happy blogging on Double Dutch in English then change that. For, in the end, if you are not happy doing something then you should not be doing it. The only exception I can think of is if it is an learning experience you've willingly undertaken and it is for a limited time. Know what I mean?

Marloes said...

I sure know what you mean Tony,and I thank you for your wonderful comment and your encouragement. It isn't that I don't feel happy about it. It just doesn't come as easy as the Dutch blogging does.