Friday, April 27, 2007

Lonely


Not even May and already my face and arms have a tan from the ever present sun. There is nothing I love more then summer so I don’t question natures strange behaviour, I just enjoy. The children are away from home and husband and I have dinner for two. After almost 28 years we don’t need words anymore. A sign, a gesture simple chitchat. Not touching the subjects that hurt. Taking the dog out for a stroll, through the park into the small forest. At a shady spot I hold still, spread my arms and feel the soft breeze touch my naked arms, play with my hair. Closing my eyes I feel one with nature and lonelier then I have ever been.

3 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

I should relish these chaotic times with growing children and teenagers who think they know everything sometimes then one moment be a child again and sometimes forget that they are trying to break away and say "Mommy"...

Marloes said...

Yes you should Ces, our daughter is the first to move out and I miss her dearly.

kj said...

geez, i understand your feelings. i can only advise to allow the empty space and it will fill in with exactly what you want and need.

you are a good person....