Friday, April 13, 2007

Sissy day

I come from a family of 6. Two brothers and three sisters and my place is somewhere in the middle. The oldest from the three youngest, if that makes any sense. By the time we totally unexpectedly lost our dad in 95 we were all married and all living in different parts of the country. Taking care of our mother became our main target. At her 80h birthday party (spend in our favourite place on the coast)we girls decided that we should really see more of each other and sissy day was born. Also included was the one sister-in law that had been a part of our family for so long she was more of a sister then an in law. Twice a year we spend a whole day, just us girls, in a different city of our choice, doing fun things. A little shopping, good food, some drinks, a little culture thrown in and you have the recipe for success. During the years our sissy day has turned into an even bigger event as two cousins and the wife of one of our nephews decided to tag along. Tomorrow will be the first one in this year. We are going to meet in Utrecht. The weather forecast is great (it seems we skip spring to jump right into summer), some money in my pocket and this day will be another huge success.

6 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Marloes, what a great idea. I want to have a sissy day with my sisters. I have five!

Have fun and enjoy yourselves!

Bonez said...

Well, how did it go?

Marloes said...

We had a wonderful day Bonez. They always seem much to short though..:o)

Bonez said...

I understand about good times seeming way too short, Marloes. Thanks for the update. Hey, I've added Double Dutch to my Bonez Blogroll and would like to see if you would mind adding Bonez to your Links List... pretty please :)

kj said...

marloes, i love the love! i don't have sisters but i still want sissy days in my life. i look to my closest friends to fill that with me.

maybe once a year you all should plan a whole weekend.

Marloes said...

@ Tony, you allready are on my linkslist (if I understand you correctly)here
http://loesjes.eigenstart.nl/

@ kj, thank you for your comment and you are right. Everyone should have their sissy day, be it with sisters, friends or very good neighbours