Monday, May 28, 2007

Do you read me?

This is what my bookcase looked like after having saved each and every paperback I bought through the years. Up until last week. When I found Jenn crying over the price of books in the Netherlands a while ago. Finding a new home for my precious' paperbacks was all the encouragement I needed to finally dive in and clear out. My bookcase hasn't looked this organized in ages.
Today my husband drove me across the country to deliver two large boxes filled with reading material. Meeting Jenn was wonderful and I instantly fell in love with her kids. Thank you Jenn, for your hospitality, your delicious coffee and equally delicious scones. I’m sure we will meet again soon!

4 comments:

kj said...

sweet sweet story with a pragmatic and sweet ending. another example of life in the blogs!

:)

jennifer said...

Hi Marloes,
Books are treasures when you live abroad...
Thanks for adding me to your blogroll!
Jennifer

Jenn in Holland said...

And all those books are getting a new loving thumb through now. It was hard to decide which of all of them to read first. Finally I decided to just grab one and go for it. Nearly finished with it and ready for the next one later today perhaps!
THANKS MARLOES!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow good job with the book shelf!
You should be able to find something when you want it alot easier now. :)

Happy Blogging

Tom LeDree

www.TomLeDree.com