Saturday, May 12, 2007

Nightlife

The Chinese restaurant just around the corner is where we were supposed to meet, but when I got there, it wasn’t the place I knew. There were strange men who all spoke my language. The menu was a mixture of Chinese and Russian and something I couldn’t identify. Although I felt like a complete stranger everyone seemed to know me. They even made me serf the only couple that was sitting at a table in the back. Somehow I knew the drinks I was bringing them and who had ordered what.
When finally my date arrived it wasn’t my husband but it felt right. The walls around us disintegrated, people I didn’t know kept asking me about the age of my son. No one questioned me about the man who was holding my hand. As we left through a very small corridor he bent over and I thought he was going to kiss me, but he only straightened my collar.
“Let me show you my favourite part of town” I said although the surroundings where totally unfamiliar. Beautiful old houses with gorgeous flowers in their windowsills. A very steep alley with cobblestones that led to a wide square. A young boy with a puppy came running up to us and greeted us as if we were his parents. “I need to go” He said “I wish I could stay, but I need to go” I watched him leave and just as I thought that the pain I felt was my punishment I woke up. I feel weird ever since

3 comments:

Bonez said...

I love reading dreams. I used to blog some of mine and might do so again. I dream every night, all night long. Sometimes I think my dream life is my real life and my waking moments are but an illusion.

Unknown said...

Great recollection...and it was well written too. I did not catch on until the very end.

Ces Adorio said...

I love your dream! I love dreams. Dreams are important to me. They are the reasons why I sleep.