Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers day

Mothersday was special when the children were young. Little poems learned by heart at school, hand made presents. I saved each and every one. Breakfast in bed with more food then I would normally eat in a week. Their exciting faces watching me open the presents. Wonderful moments of motherhood. The moment they became aware of the commercial site of mothers day I put a stop to it. No expensive gifts, no huge bouquet of flowers could ever replace the exciting innocence it used to have.
All of you who still have little children at home. I wish you a wonderful day today!

1 comment:

Ces Adorio said...

I hate the commercialization of any holiday. It's secularism that strips the sprirituality from holidays, making them generic when in fact these holidays have special meanings to certain groups of people.