Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dark blue(s)

Long before I could see it birds already told me there was another storm brewing. Somehow they feel before we see. In loud short exciting bursts of sound they let me know something is about to happen. From the window in my room I can see it approaching from afar. Dark blue, almost black the clouds that move in fast on winds that make the branches of the birch in my garden almost double over. Like my mood, dark and looming, it hangs over our house. The first drops hit the window with force. Soon I can’t see from the water pouring over the glass. They match the tears on my face. The storm subsides as fast as it came and now I hear a blackbird sing. His job as a messenger of doom is done. Joyously he announces the return of the sun. If only I could switch my moods as quickly.

4 comments:

Jenn in Holland said...

This morning as I lay in bed, I could hear the birds outside just bellowing at each other! It was loud and commanding and raucous. You are right, they know it long before we see it. But I feel it too. Just like you, too deeply, and I wish it wouldn't affect me quite so much.

kj said...

do you know i know exactly what you mean?

let's we two not forget we won't likely stay stuck here. to quote annie, the sun will come out, tomorrow..... maybe tomorrow takes a while for all important reasons...

:)

JayV said...

Hoi hoi, from another Dutchie (well, Dutch dad and American mom).
I read Mad Priest and he told us to come say hi. Now I'll read you regularly!

Tot comments!

Marloes said...

@ kj, we are two peas in a pot so it seems..:o)

@ Jayv, welcome to my blog. I am delighted you found your way in and Im happy to see you return.