Friday, June 1, 2007

A room with a view

I promised Jenn a look in my kitchen. The biggest difference between hers and mine is that I can’t cook. Now there’s a meme you can chew on for a while. My mother never took the time to teach us how to, because she just didn’t care for cooking at all. Although she could whip up a wonderful meal if she set her mind to it.
From the windows I have a wonderful view of the street we live in. This picture was taken a few winters ago. I can never get enough of views like this. It makes me feel very peaceful.
There used to be a wall between the kitchen and the living room, but we tore it out when we bought the house. I wanted to be able to watch our children while cooking or washing dishes (nope, no dishwasher).
This post actually gave me a new idea. I will, over a period of time, post pictures of more rooms in my house, so you get to see how the Dutch live. Mind you, I might skip the bedroom, there are limits to my exhibitionism.



6 comments:

Jenn in Holland said...

I love your Dutch kitchen! It's perfectly beautiful.
I really like the idea of posting more photos of your home. I sent a slideshow with photos of our house to my sister-in-law awhile ago so she could get an idea what kind of home we lived in. She loved seeing how different a Dutch house is. I am sure your readers will love it too!

juliwalters said...

Hello, so happy to find your blog! I love seeing your kitchen as well and would like to see more photos.

kj said...

i cannot wait to see more room in your house. your kitchen is delightful. what a party you could have in it!

Ces Adorio said...

I wish I could say that I too do not have to cook, not because I can't but because I don't fell like it. What a beautiful room with a view.

Bonez said...

What a nice kitchen! It looks so homey and inviting like wonderful things can happen there.

Dondi Tiples said...

Come to think of it, I can't cook either. The last time I tried, I nearly burned the apartment down. The husband was not amused.

Love your kitchen, though.