Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What's another year?

In these last few days before the company comes to a complete standstill, time already seems to slow down. In the ballet world the year starts in August and stops somewhere between the end of June, beginning of July. This is the right time to clean out drawers, file old messages, throw out everything that is no longer of any use. Filing contracts for the new season in alphabetical order gives me time to reflect on the year that more then ever took me for a rollercoaster ride. A conflict with a co worker almost drove me insane. The stress of being part of the work council I dragged home with me, causing me to loose sleep. Sometimes it all upset me so much that the thought of leaving entered my mind more then once.
But I do love this job; from the first day I started as a sub in ’99 I knew that this was the right job for me. The people, the diversity of the workload and last but absolutely not least being part of this cultural world I always so admired from afar.
When I return in August, I will no longer be a member of the work council and I have set myself a goal. I have given myself minimal 6 months to maximal one year to re-find the joy I used to have in doing this job. I think I owe myself that much.

1 comment:

Ces Adorio said...

Conflicts always drain one's energy. I hope that it has been resolved or will be by the time the next season starts. I think you have a marvelous job but I admire you for reevaluating and resetting your goals. It takes a brave mind and heart to do this. Most of us are stuck in a rut because we are afraid to change...Make the most of your downtime.