Friday, June 22, 2007

Long days.

No,no….there is nothing wrong. At least nothing that a few weeks of R&R couldn’t fix. Work is taking up all of my time and when I finally get home I’m too tired to read my mail, let alone visit all those logs on my favourites list. Two more weeks to go, just two more weeks of unbalanced days, different schedules, and long hours before I can finally close the door behind me for 5 weeks of doing absolutely zilch, nada, niente. One of the perks of working in the cultural world, long summer breaks.
My husband and I are going to Italy for two weeks of sun, sea, and sightseeing. For the first time in I can’t remember how long, it will be just us. No children, no pets, just him and me. Bliss! As soon as I have a little more time I will give you a preview of Tuscany, yet to be discovered by us and I’ll introduce you to Marina Romea. The weekend resort for Italians and a place of peace and quiet for the few foreigners who love to do as the Italians do.

5 comments:

Jenn in Holland said...

Oh, that is really something to look forward to!

kj said...

i am very very very very very very envious. and i am very very very very very happy for you and your husband. i love love love love love italy.

oh, marloes, you made me laugh. i think it is 'two peas in a pod', not 'two peas in a pot'. in any case, we are.

:)

Marloes said...

@ kj...as you see, I always have my 'tees'crossed, even if they aren't needed.,..:o)

Graham said...

Enjoy your time off, Eat lots of Parma ham, Olives, Pasta, cheese.
Lekker....
Oppas vir die Italianse manne, hulle knyp boude.

Groetnis
Graham

Ces Adorio said...

We all need our vacations. Have a great time!!!